Monday, July 25, 2016

Mars at Twilight: A Detective Ace Sloan Mystery WAITING ON APPROVAL

Mars at Twilight: A Detective Ace Sloan Mystery

By William Graham


In this fourth and final installment of the Detective Ace Sloan series, Sloan must solve the murders of multiple members of a prominent Martian family and a distinguished poet all while cultivating a relationship with a new lover and dealing with a sudden serious health issue. More than ever, he must lean on Detective Kate Hammer to assist him in solving the crimes. Like the other Sloan mysteries (The Red Planet Murders, The Red Planet President and Mars at Midnight), this book brims with intrigue and suspense set against the Martian landscape in the 22nd century.

...........................................................................
MY REVIEW OF Mars at Twilight

Detective Ace Sloan is taking a well-needed vacation at the Pleasure Dome Resort when he notices a flurry of police activity. Even on vacation he can’t pass on a murder investigation. It seems the son of the wealthy Martian agri-business mogul was the victim. Then, when another family member is also murdered, Sloan and his partner conclude that the Billings family has been targeted and they must unravel the clues quickly to figure out why, and who is the murderer.

I always enjoy reading about Ace Sloan’s investigations. I had mixed feelings this time though. I was unhappy with the ending, and that’s all I can say without giving spoilers. As usual, I liked the plot being on Martian soil, and following a murder investigation. I’m glad Sloan finally achieves a relationship. That was a pleasant surprise. After the first three books, I feel like he deserved it. This was a short read, but had plenty of action going on to keep me engrossed.
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.

Buy the book from...

Follow the Author

No comments:

Post a Comment