Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Mars at Midnight Book Review

Mars at Midnight: A Detective Ace Sloan Mystery

By William Graham

Detective Achilles "Ace" Sloan ("The Red Planet Murders") returns in this exciting and compelling murder mystery from author William Graham. Set on the Martian colonies in the 22nd century, Detective Sloan must solve the murders of two immigrant women found buried in the Martian dunes and of a famous college professor. What is the connection between the murders? Sloan and his rookie colleague Detective Kate Hammer uncover a secret political conspiracy as they try to solve the crimes. This work is fast-paced thriller with a political edge to it.

...........................................................................
MY HONEST REVIEW OF Mars at Midnight

Life on Mars is not perfect. The rich use the poor for menial jobs, or as their servants. When a young girl is found dead in the desert dunes, it’s up to Detective Ace Sloan to solve the murder. When he connects the case to another death, he discovers a hidden agenda that will further separate the affluent and the lower ranked people of Mars.


I really liked the character of Ace Sloan. He brought depth to the story. It’s sad to think that prejudice would follow humanity all the way to another planet, but I guess that’s just human nature. The description of the Mars environment had me imagining how it would truly look with humans living there. I’m not sure I would like it myself.

My review can also be found at:
    AMAZON     GOODREADS
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...

Follow the Author


No comments:

Post a Comment