Monday, August 31, 2015

Whispering Pines Book Review

Whispering Pines: Tales From a Northwoods Cabin

By Elliott Foster



In September 1993, four generations of the Travis family gather to celebrate the 80th birthday of their matriarch, Isabelle. Reflecting on their experiences at the rustic family cabin set on a lake in the Chippewa National Forest, they talk of fishing for walleye, cooking the perfect beef roast, pulling pranks, making love, and living life abundantly over eighty years.



Simultaneously heart-warming and heartbreaking, the stories told by Isabelle, her daughter Ruth, and her grandson Eddie slowly unwrap secrets long held secrets long hidden deep in the Minnesota North Woods.
...........................................................................
***MY HONEST REVIEW OF Whispering Pines***

When Sam and Isabella Travis bought property on Lake Dunbar in 1952, little did they know the immenseness of the legacy they were creating. Three members of the Travis family share many memories of their beloved family throughout six decades.


This was a powerful read that had me wishing I was a member of this family. It had me laughing, crying, and thoroughly enjoying all the memories shared. I felt their shock and sadness, as well as their joys and pride, and felt like I was right there with them. I didn’t want the stories to end. I am so glad that I got to know this family, and feel I now share their memories as well.

My review can also be found at:
    AMAZON     GOODREADS
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...

Follow the Author

No comments:

Post a Comment