Wednesday, December 31, 2014

An Amorous Life Review





An Amorous Life

By Ted Tate 

The author is a spinner of tales, and one of his subjects is love. In "An Amorous Life," he creates the character of Wes Pearce, and tells stories about his love life. In Edendale High, Wes loses his innocence; in graduate school, he enjoys a visiting co-ed on the university bookstore floor; in Rothenburg, Germany, he and Paula "know" each other in an inexpensive pension; and in retirement in Northampton, MA, he has now become quite the ladies' man. While in a tryst with an attractive mature widow, his heart peters out. At his memorial service, a flower child says, "I just thought he was a horny old man." 
...........................................................................
***MY HONEST REVIEW OF AN AMOROUS LIFE***

This is the story of Wes Pearce and how he became known as a true gentleman. As he thinks back on his younger life, I couldn’t help but get nostalgic for that time period.

I noted that the author structured the story in a way that each encounter was without shame by either party. Of course, that was because Wes was uncharacteristic of the modern male way of thinking. That is what kept me from being offended. In fact, I was able to enjoy the story because every character was likeable the way the author gave insight into the personality of each of his lady friends, and his neighbor.

The story followed Wes throughout his lifetime, and the author does an excellent job of showing Wes’ true character, as he grows older. I can tell that Mr. Tate is a true storyteller, and has no problem conveying the true feelings of his characters.
  

My review can also be found at:
    AMAZON     BARNES & NOBLE     GOODREADS
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...

Follow the Author

No comments:

Post a Comment