Thursday, March 2, 2017

LUCID Nightmare Review

LUCID Nightmare

By E. Clay

LUCID Nightmare by [Clay, E.]
Clay Thompson is an American writer based in a small English town outside London, where he enjoys a comfortable lifestyle with Claire, a recent love interest. After years of enjoying good fortune, Clay experiences a calamitous setback that threatens his livelihood and even his new found relationship. Desperate to get his life back on track he seeks out a renowned local gypsy to “fix” his recent misfortune. Clay’s encounter pays dividends that exceed his expectations...at a price. Will Clay successfully navigate through this maze of a nightmare? Or will he find out...When you dance with the Devil, the music never ends.

A paranormal thriller Inspired by true events.






...........................................................................
MY REVIEW

Clay is a lucid dreamer. During his dreams, he is fully aware that he is dreaming, and is even able to manipulate the dream, most of the time. Nightmares are a different matter though. In his nightmares, Clay is tormented by a former school bully. But Clay’s dead brother Darryl comes to him in his dreams and helps him. This was a secret that no one knew, until Clay told his girlfriend Claire. After that, things went downhill for Clay. His financial woes increased daily, to the point of Clay making a shady deal that brings relief, but at what cost?


Clay started out as a very likeable person, as well as Claire. When Clay started changing though, that’s when I couldn’t like him anymore. And I don’t understand Claire not recognizing the change until it was too late. I thought Clay was a wimpy character that had to hit bottom before realizing his own character flaws. I’m glad he survived his ordeal. There were times I doubted it. I liked how the story ended, bringing the subject back around. I was wondering if that would happen, and if what I thought was going on, truly was. It really was hard to tell. I enjoy paranormal stories to be that way.
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...

Follow the Author




No comments:

Post a Comment