Saturday, February 6, 2016

The Creature of the Wildcard Review

The Creature of the Wildcard

By John Fischer

Alaric Fischer was born into the promise of eternity. An artist and highly advanced dreamer of things to come, he built a small empire around his artwork. Yet hungry for things that come from beyond, he loses sight of the natural world. Entering the road to tame his delusions, he is faced with the challenge of altering the course of reality. The opponent of death becomes a matter of reinventing the wheel on the level of a cosmic chess board. Coming closer to define an alternative to existence, Alaric discovers he is the artificial intelligence of an author gone mad with the game of God. What comes of these dreams that soar through the soul of devouring one meager life may have a hunger for all of mankind. He who writes of the weather controls the course of human evolution.
...........................................................................
MY HONEST REVIEW OF The Creature of the Wildcard

This was the most confusing book I have ever read. The story follows Alaric Fischer as he dissects his dreams and imaginations. I couldn’t tell if he was a real person, or just a type of existence of some sort, but I think that’s the way the author intended. He was vain, and had a God-complex, to say the least. He often compared himself to Alice finding herself in the looking glass. At least that I understood!


The author used vivid descriptions throughout, and I liked that. But there were so many allegories that my eyes glazed many times over. It made the read go from vaguely interesting to boring very quickly. Once more characters were introduced, it gave me motivation to read to the end. I would have to say that the last third of the book is what made it a story worth reading.

My review can also be found at:
    AMAZON     GOODREADS
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...

Follow the Author

No comments:

Post a Comment