Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Frivolous Pursuits Review





Frivolous Pursuits: A Hipposync Archives novel

By D.C. Farmer


Darren Trott has a job, a feisty girlfriend (with plans) and a house with potential. Oh yes, he’s living the dream. It just isn’t the dream he applied for. 


Psychopathic relatives, aboriginal demons, warrior queens, and a Brownie called George (with claws, a pork-pie hat and an attitude bigger than a banker’s wage), all want a piece of Darren. But they'll have to form an orderly queue because there's the small matter of an impending apocalypse to sort out first… 


DC Farmer cordially invites you to join him in exploring the next white-knuckle case report from the Hipposync archives. 

...........................................................................
MY HONEST REVIEW OF: Frivolous Pursuits

 After Darren’s mother died, his self-centered girlfriend moves in with him, and takes over. Not only does she make him miserable, but her overbearing father is Darren’s boss, making his work hours unbearable too. His only bright spot is when he can be alone with his hobby of photographing action figures against off-handed backdrops. But after one of the action figures starts talking to him, Darren is suddenly drawn into an unbelievable world of his own creation.

I felt this plot has all the right ingredients; interesting backstory, loveable characters, villains, and a promise of more adventure to come. I felt sorry for Darren, even though he could have changed his home circumstances at any time. This type of photographing hobby sounds intriguing. I wouldn’t mind having that talent. But to be able to make things come alive, I don’t think I would like that. I look forward to reading more of Darren’s expeditions.

My review can also be found at:
    AMAZON     GOODREADS
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.

More of my D.C. Farmer book reviews:


Buy the book from...

Follow the Author

No comments:

Post a Comment