Thursday, November 19, 2015

Love’s Rubber Armor Book Review

Love's Rubber Armor

By Thais Hardison

A book of sonnets regarding love, loss, and other topics.
...........................................................................
***MY HONEST REVIEW OF Love's Rubber Armor***

This collection of sonnets tugged on my emotional strings. With categories of love, loss, naughty, and eclectic, the author writes with passion. Most of the sonnets of love, to me, had the same feel as the ones on loss. There was a depressing feel to them. A couple, though, did have a feeling of awe-inspired. I felt like the loss sonnets took on a love-sick-puppy emotion. This category wasn’t about loss from death, as I assumed it would be, but felt of a love triangle loss. It made me feel like I would avoid this person at all cost, because she would only bring me down in the dumps with her.

I enjoyed the eclectic the most. They were more upbeat than all the others. Also, they were more earth inspired, speaking of Treebeard, roots, and saplings. That is more my style, leaving me with a calming feeling. I thought the pencil drawings between sonnets was a nice touch too. 

My review can also be found at:
    AMAZON     GOODREADS
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...

Follow the Author

No comments:

Post a Comment