Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sweatpants & Stilettos Review

Sweatpants and Stilettos

By Rachel N. Cleveland

Many months of this year were what I call the sweatpants days. Don't even try to tell me you don't understand what I mean by that statement. But just so we're all on the same page, sweatpants days are those days that all you want to do is stay in bed with your sweatpants on and have Netflix at your beck and call to create your own marathon event. They are the days in which the sun should not shine, the world should not move on, and no one should smile, laugh or be happy. Thankfully, I have learned this year that sweatpants days don t last forever. I have seen them go from sweatpants to jean days to leather pant days and then on to stiletto days. Those days where you feel the absolute best and are 100% yourself, doing what you were created to do, with people you love to be around, and everything is falling into place. Blessings from heaven abound. Yeah. Those days. They are the stiletto days. They are the "take on the world, tell them whose boss, no one can stop you" kind of days. And they are awesome. I love those days. Educator, DIY junkie, and Believer, Rachel candidly reveals some of her darkest days and brightest moments. In Sweatpants and Stilettos, she speaks to the truths of Christ that have been put on display through life s variety of circumstances. She gives light to real and honest conversations we have with ourselves while battling life s trials, all while still managing to be both brutal and comical.
...........................................................................
***MY HONEST REVIEW OF Sweatpants & Stilettos***

This is a journal of a year in the life of the author, and what helped her get through it. She shares how her activities at the first half of the year helped to prepare her for the unexpected catastrophe during the latter half. During it all, her faith was dealt a blow thus causing a reevaluation and realignment of her life priorities.

It was an unexpected surprise that this actually centered on the aftereffect of the death of Alexia Ardeleanu. Having recently read another book revolving around the effects of her death, I was well aware of how her friends and colleagues felt about her. This told another personal account of the loss of a beautiful soul and the effect it had on those it came in contact with. I never knew Alexia, but it doesn’t negate my feelings of loss as an outsider looking in.


There is so much more to this book than the author relating her loss. I felt encouraged by the faith and love she emits in her religious renderings. I came away from this book with very positive thoughts about my own life and how I should be living it. I look forward to initiating the strategies she shared about her weight loss, and getting my spiritual life in order.

My review can also be found at:
    AMAZON     GOODREADS
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...

No comments:

Post a Comment