Wednesday, September 23, 2015

E is for Election Day Review

E is for Election Day

By Gloria M. Gavris

E is for Election Day is a fun & engaging A-Z tour of the American electoral process. Author Gloria Gavris introduces relevant & contemporary aspects of election season in an informative & child friendly way. Paired with vibrant, whimsical artwork by artist Shawn McCann, pages like C is for Conventions, D is for Debates, F is for Fundraising, G is for Grass Roots Efforts, I is for Internet and most importantly Y is for You engages children in the excitement of campaign season & teaches kids that everyone has the power to make a real difference in their government. Let's engage the next generation of voters, one book, one child at a time.
...........................................................................
***MY HONEST REVIEW OF E is for Election Day***

This was an interesting presentation for young children to learn about the election process. It has the alphabet covering different aspects relating to the election, with each letter covering a corresponding definition. I liked this format, as it was easy for children to understand, learn, and remember. I thought it was clever the way it would ask questions, interacting the child, and making him think about what was discussed. I even learned some from the book. I never knew how the donkey and the elephant became mascots for the two major parties. And also how Uncle Sam came to be. Now I do.

My review can also be found at:
    AMAZON     GOODREADS
...........................................................................

**The above opinions are 100% my own, whether I purchased the book or it was given to me to review.


Buy the book from...

No comments:

Post a Comment